Name Product: Digital Tutors – Understanding the Relationship Between Logo, Identity, and Brand
Author: Eddie Russell
Size: 387 MB
Understanding the relationship between a logo, an identity and branding is critical for a graphic designer.
While these three are all related, they are in fact very different. In this course we will begin to explore this relationship by walking through the creative process for our client, mantra spa.
After taking a moment to learn the difference between a logo, an identity and a brand, we will learn about the creation of a creative brief for mantra spa. Next, we will continue through the creative process learning about concepts come up with during sketching and the building of the logo in Illustrator.
During the last few lessons of this course we will learn how the identity for mantra spa can be established by creating a style guide or graphics standards manual.
After completing this course, you will not only know the difference between logo design, identity design and branding but you will also have a solid understanding of the steps that should be taken by a designer to help a new client establish each.
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Is it a logo, identity or brand?
3. Mantra: Exploring the problem, goals and creative brief
4. Mantra: Sketch review
5. Mantra: Building the logo
6. Mantra: Selecting and apply colors and font
7. Introducing the style guide
8. Style Guide: Logo specifications
9. Style Guide: Color specifications
10. Style Guide: Type specifications
Leave a comment
You must be logged into post a comment.